VersiVision Analog Video
Video to Fiber Media Converters
Security and surveillance as a sector has evolved in recent years, leading to increased demand for long transmission distances, live streaming of videos, high speed connectivity, etc. To achieve this, businesses opt for blended networks utilizing copper to fiber conversion. This is one reason why there has been a surge in the demand for Analog CCTV media converters. These CCTV fiber media converters acts convert the signals from analog video signals to light pulses over fiber optic cable. Our devices accept NTSC, PAL and SECAM video signals which are then “digitized” before being converted to fiber. The VERSITRON CCTV Fiber Optic Video Installation Kits provide you with all the equipment necessary to facilitate the conversion from analog video to fiber optic. The installation kits include the video transmitter, receiver, power supplies, and 100 meters of Multimode or Singlemode cable depending on the application. Our video to fiber converters are offered in 1, 2, 4, 8, or 16 channel options. Plug and Play design ensures adjustment-free installation and operation, and optical adjustments are never required.
About VersiVision Analog to Fiber Optic Video Transmission
The fiber optic video converter transmitters and receivers provide 8-bit digitally encoded broadcast quality video over one fiber optic cable. LED indicators are provided to instantly monitor the system's operating status. A typical installation utilizes a transmitter unit at the camera end of the link, connected via a single fiber cable, to a receiver unit at the monitoring end of the link. Devices are available for either standalone or rack-mount installation with our 18-slot chassis. If you are using cameras with PTZ control, VERSITRON offers CCTV video converters with either RS-485, RS-422, or RS-232 data interfaces. Please let us know which data interface your application requires and we can build to your specifications. If your application requires High Definition video to fiber conversion, you can find those products HERE.
What is a Video to Fiber converter? How does it work?
The video to fiber converter is a type of media converter installed in fiber optic video transmission networks. These video to fiber media converters are located in between a signal transmitter and a receiver in a fiber video network. The devices act as a bridge between the video signal transmitter and the receiver. Here is the basic procedure for operation:
Operation of CCTV Video to Fiber Converters
- The CCTV video to fiber converters features a signal translation/format conversion protocol that enables the conversion of video signal to optical signal transmission.
- These CCTV fiber media converters have a BNC connector that accepts the signal from a camera via coax cable.
- The signal is then translated into optical format. The optical data packets are then transmitted via fiber optic cable. At the receiving end of the fiber optic cable, one or more fiber optic CCTV converters reverse the format back to the original signal.
- Due to the simplicity of installation, VERSITRON’s CCTV fiber optic converters are used in several industrial applications.
What are the Industrial Applications that use VERSITRON CCTV top Fiber Media Converters?
- Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS)
- Airport surveillance
- Banking/financial industry surveillance
- Security apps/surveillance apps interconnectivity
- Traffic and parking Monitoring
- Industrial production line monitoring and control
- Fiber optic media transmission modems
Features of Fiber Optic CCTV Video Converter:
- 8-Bit Uncompressed Video Transmission
- NTSC, PAL or SECAM Video Compatible
- Transmit up to 30km without Optical Attenuation
- Wide Optical Dynamic Range
- No EMI, RFI, Cross Talk or Video Distortion
- No Electrical or Optical Adjustments Required
- LED Indicators for Instant System Monitoring
- Stand-Alone or Rack-Mount in FVC18 Chassis
- Hot-Pluggable into the FVC18 Chassis
What Are The Advantages of Fiber Optic Video?
Advantages of converting analog video signals to fiber optic include the following:
- Due to the higher signal transmission speed of fiber optic networks, live CCTV video transmission is operational without any interruption.
- The lag or delay in signal transmission is avoided due to fiber optic transmission media.
- Fiber optic networks are immune to noise, temperature rise, lightning, electromagnetic and radio frequency signals, therefore the risk of data loss and interruption is eliminated.
- Fiber video technology is suited for all camera signals for CCTV transmission. This technology is compatible with NTSC, PAL, SECAM, types of video signal protocols.
VERSITRON’S CCTV converters are used in a variety of applications worldwide. Typical installation environments include Video Surveillance, Security and Alarm Monitoring, Broadcasting Studios, Casinos, Correctional Facilities, and National Defense. So if you are looking for a turnkey solution to converting your CCTV analog cameras to fiber, look no further than our CCTV Video to Fiber Installation kits. Let our more than six decades of experience in the fiber optics industry go to work for you!
As with all VERSITRON products, the CCTV fiber optic video converters come with a Lifetime Warranty. Please don’t hesitate to give us a call (1-800-537-2296) or send us an email to discuss your application. We look forward to speaking with you today!