How do Fast Ethernet Media Converters Work?
While these converters are often used in pairs to convert a single networking device to fiber, they can also be connected individually to any network switch. This setup allows for extension of the 10/100Base network over fiber no matter the application. Here is the procedure for connecting two media converters to each other:
- The two converters are placed at a certain distance as per the application requirement and connected with duplex (2-strands) fiber optic cable.
- Both these converters have two ports each, one for the RJ45 connector and the other one is built-in multimode or singlemode fiber port with ST or SC connectors.
- One media converter is connected to the IP device and the other converter is connected to the main network.
- Each of these media converters is powered by an AC/DC transformer.
- The two fiber ports are linked over either singlemode or multimode fiber optic cables.
- The RJ45 port receives data while the SFP port transmits.
Beneficial Features of Our Fast Ethernet Converters
Here are some beneficial features of our 10/100 Fast Ethernet “double duty” media converters:
- Our fast Ethernet converters are capable of 10/100Mbps Copper to 100Mbps fiber conversion over multimode or singlemode fiber cable.
- Our Ethernet fiber media converters are compliant with IEEE 802.3u Ethernet standards.
- They offer a data transfer rate of 10Mbps or 100Mbps Ethernet speed, and 100Mbps over fiber.
- They come with LED indicator lights for fiber signal detection, copper signal detection, linkage, activity statue, and speed of transmission.
- Full of Half Duplex modes supported.
- These media converters auto-negotiate if the network is operating at 10Mbps or 100Mbps.
- The units are hot-swappable unmanaged devices when installed into our MCC-14R chassis.
- RoHs compliant.
- They help upgrade and extend legacy networks in a cost-effective manner.
- Our fast Ethernet media converters are quite compact and fit in small or cramped up spaces.
Technical Specifications of Our 10/100 Base TX to 100 Base FX Fiber Optic Media Converters
Some of the technical specifications for our Fast Ethernet media converters include:
- Auto-negotiation, auto MDI/MDI-X detection
- They offer a full wire speed conversion.
- Link fault pass through function
- They have a buffer RAM of 128Kb.
- Far End Fault function.
- Our fiber optic converters function as standalone units or can be rack mounted by installing them into the MCC-14R chassis.
- Used to accommodate networking devices such as IP surveillance cameras, wireless access points, VoIP phones, or any networking hardware that is located in remote areas.
- Optional DIN rail mounting.
- Low Power Consumption