An Overview of VERSITRON’s Multimode to Single-Mode Fiber Converters
VERSITRON’s fiber to fiber media converters enable both – single mode to multimode fiber conversion or multimode to single mode fiber conversion. They can support high data rates and can easily optimize the capabilities of your existing LAN network by supporting multiple functions. The diagram below illustrates how these media converters connect to an Ethernet to Fiber Switch within a network.
How a Multimode to Single-Mode Media Converter Works?
Single mode fiber converters allow only one wavelength to pass, and they can transmit signals to a longer distance than multimode media converters. Multimode to single-mode fiber conversion is usually undertaken to extend network distances. A fiber to fiber converter helps extend a multimode network across a single mode fiber effectively. Distances can be extended up to 100Km using SFP modules effectively in conjunction with Singlemode fiber optic cable.
Typical Features of a Multimode to Single-mode Fiber Optic Converter Offered by VERSITRON
Typical features of the Fiber-to-Fiber converter include the following:
- They are manufactured in compliance with IEEE 802.3z 1000Base-SX/LX and IEEE 802.3u 100Base-FX standards.
- Fiber-to-fiber media converter’s plug-and-play design enables for a quick and easy installation.
- They are enclosed in a compact metal case with an external power supply.
- Multimode to singlemode fiber optic converters are ideal for stand-alone applications.
- Mounting options include wall mounting, panel mounting, as well as optional Din-Rail support.
- LEDs for ease of network monitoring.
- Lifetime warranty.
Why Use VERSITRON Multimode to Single-mode Fiber Converter
Benefits of using our Multimode to Singlemode converter include:
- Options for Bi-Directional communication
- Options for CWDM
- Full Wire Speed Performance
- Our fiber to fiber media converters are designed to FCC Part 15 Class B, CE / CISPR 22 Class B, IEC60950 Safety standards.
- Supports 1000Mbps and 100Mbps SFP modules.
- There are two SFP slots provided that support standard SFP fiber transceivers.
Owing to these features our multimode fiber to sigle-mode fiber converters are used for Gigabit Ethernet 1000Mbps MMF to 1000Mbps SMF and Fast Ethernet 100Mbps MMF to 100Mbps SMF applications.
Application Areas of Multimode to Singlemode Fiber Converters
These robust and feature-rich products we offer at VERSITRON are designed to be used in the following application areas;
- Local Area Networks (LAN).
- Enterprise Networks.
- Campus Networks.
- Fiber to the Building (FTTB).
- Fiber to the Curb (FTTC).
- Data centers
- Point-to-point fiber networks.
Factors to Consider When Choosing Fiber to Fiber Media Converter
There are several factors to consider when choosing fiber to fiber media converter for your application.
- Data Rates: The units support both Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet fiber applications.
- Fiber Modes: You can choose from two types of modes – single mode and multimode fiber. However, our fiber to fiber media converters facilitate conversion between multimode and single mode optical fiber media.
- Packet Length Supported: Most media single mode to multimode converters have packet length limitations. Our multimode to single-mode fiber converters possess no packet length limitation.
- Temperature of Operation: Our fiber to fiber media converters are designed for operating temperatures – 5 to 55 degrees Celsius. They can be stored in temperatures from -20 to 85 degrees Celsius. The fiber to fiber media converters have a relative humidity of 10% at 70%.
- Mounting: Consider the available space and other application constraints while choosing the fiber to fiber media converters. Installation options include rackmount, wall, or panel mounting.
- Power Consumption: These devices are designed to ensure low power consumption.
Please don’t hesitate to give us a call 1-800-537-2296 or send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org today. We look forward to discussing your application with you!