Technical Specifications of 10/100/1000BaseT-X Gigabit Media Converter
Technical specifications of the Gigabit Media Converter include:
- Standards: Our gigabit media convertors are compliant with IEEE 802.3, 802.3ab, 802.3u, and 802.3z protocols.
- Copper Port (TP): The shielded RJ-45 connector supports 10/100/1000Mbps transmission speeds over Cat5 twisted-pair with typical lengths of 100 meters. They have the auto-negotiation feature for duplex and flow control.
- Fiber Port (FX): This media converter has Gigabit Ethernet 100/1000Base-X SFP compliant slots in multimode 50/125 or 62.5/125, as well as single mode 9/125.
- LEDs: They assist in device monitoring and troubleshooting. These lights indicate the power status such as ON, OFF or BLINK. They indicate the connection link/activity, speed, and operating mode such as half or full duplex.
- Power Input: The external power input required for this media converter is +5~12VDC.
- Environment: These devices have an operating temperature range from -10°C to 55°C and a storage temperature range from -20°C to 85°C. They can withstand humidity from 5% to 90%, non-condensing.
- Dimensions: 3.70 x 2.79 x 1.02 inches (94 x 71 x 26 mm)
Beneficial Features of Gigabit Media Converters
Beneficial features of our 10/100/1000 triple duty Gigabit media converters include:
- 10/100/1000Mbps copper port as well as an SFP fiber port.
- The SFP fiber port supports duplex and simplex 100/1000Base fiber optic SFP modules with LC connectors that can be purchased separately.
- These 10/100/1000 Ethernet media converters can operate in half or full duplex mode and have the back pressure flow control feature in the half duplex mode.
- Supports full wire speed conversion when transmitting and receiving data.
- Can be used in managed as well as unmanaged networks.
- Auto MDI/MDI-X stands for automatic medium-dependent interface crossover. This feature determines the cable type connected. The RJ-45 connector with this media converter supports MDI/MDI-X for straight-through or cross-over cables.
- Supports jumbo packets up to 9K bytes and comes with a high efficiency SRAM for packet buffer.
- Optional bi-directional communication which means you can send and receive data at the same time.
- This media converter can be used as standalone device or rack mounted in the MCC-14R chassis.
- Supports over 17 different SFP modules which provide flexibility when connecting to different networks with varying distance requirements.
Applications of Gigabit Media Converters
These are the application areas of the Gigabit Media Converter:
- Internet services
- Security and surveillance
Quality and Warranty
VERSITRON uses strict and rigorous quality control procedures to verify the functioning of our media converters before they are delivered to our customers. As with all VERSITRON products, our 10/100/1000 gigabit media converters have a lifetime warranty.
Consider expanding your network area without disrupting your existing devices with the help of our 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet to Fiber converters. VERSITRON has been an industry leader for over six decades and trusted by government, military defense, and commercial sectors. Please allow us to share our expertise in fiber optic signal conversion so that we can assist you with your project. If you are looking for a specific network design solution and need further information, please reach out to us by phone or email today!