Gigabit Media Converter with Fiber
Technical Specifications of 10/100/1000 Triple Duty Gigabit Media Converter
Here are the technical specifications of our 10/100/1000 triple duty gigabit media converter with fiber optic technology:
- Standards: Our gigabit media convertors are compliant with IEEE 802.3, 802.3ab, 802.3u, and 802.3z protocols.
- Copper Port (TP): The shielded RJ-45 connector supports 10/100/1000Mbps transmission speeds over Cat5 twisted-pair with typical lengths of 100 meters or higher UTP cable up to 100m.They have the auto-negotiation feature for duplex and flow control.
- Fiber Port (FX): This media converter has Gigabit Ethernet 1000Base-X SFP compliant slots in multimode 50/125 or 62.5/125, as well as single mode 9/125with auto-negotiation feature for flow control
- LEDs: They assist in device monitoring and troubleshooting. These lights indicate the power status such as ON, OFF or BLINK. They indicate the connection link/activity, speed, and operating mode such as half or full duplex.
- Power Input: The external power input required for this media converter is +5VDC.
- Environment: These media converters have an operating temperature range from -10°C to 55°C and a storage temperature range from -20°C to 85°C. They can withstand humidity from 5% to 90%, non-condensing.
- Dimensions: These 10/100/1000 media converters are available in the dimensions of 3.70 x 2.79 x 1.02 inches (94 x 71 x 26 mm
|IEEE 802.3, 802ab, 802.3u, 802.3z|
Copper Port (TP)
|Shielded RJ-45 jack|
|Cat5e or higher UTP cable up to 100m|
|Auto-negotiation for duplex and flow control|
Fiber Port (FX)
|Gigabit Ethernet 1000Base-X SFP compliant|
|Multimode 50/125 or 62.5/125, Singlemode 9/125|
|Auto-negotiation for flow control|
|Operating Temperature: -10°C ~ 55°C|
|Storage Temperature: -20°C ~ 85°C|
|Humidity: 5% ~ 90% non-condensing|
|3.70 x 2.79 x 1.02 inches (94 x 71 x 26 mm)|
Beneficial Features of Gigabit Media Converter
Here are some beneficial features of our 10/100/1000 triple duty converters:
- This media converter has a 10/100/1000Mbps copper port as well as an SFP fiber port.
- The 1000Mbps SFP Fiber Port supports duplex and simplex 1000Base fiber optic SFP modules with LC connectors that you can purchase separately.
- These 10/100/1000 Ethernet media converters can operate in half or full duplex mode and have the back pressure flow control feature in the half duplex mode.
- This triple duty media converter supports full wire speed conversion when transmitting and receiving data.
- Auto MDI/MDI-X stands for automatic medium-dependent interface crossover. This feature determines the cable type connected. The RJ-45 connector with this media converter supports MDI/MDI-X for straight-through or cross-over cables.
- This gigabit media converter supports jumbo packets up to 9K bytes and comes with a high efficiency SRAM for packet buffer.
- This media converter has an option for bi-directional communication which means you can send and receive data.
- While the media converter can be table mounted, it does have DIN Rail mounting option.
- This media converter can be used as stand-alone device or used with the chassis installation in MCC-14R chassis slot.
- This gigabit to fiber Ethernet media converter utilizes the SFP GBIC technology for the fiber optic interface, providing SFP installation flexibility. SFP GBIC modules are available in single mode, as well as multimode, and you can buy them separately.
Applications of Gigabit Media Converters
These are the application areas of 10/100/1000 triple duty gigabit media converters with fiber optic technology:
- Internet services
- Security and surveillance
Quality and Warranty
Versitron is very particular about the quality of its Gigabit and Ethernet media converters. We use strict quality control procedures to verify the functioning of our media converters before they are shipped to our customers. As with all Versitron products, our 10/100/1000 triple duty media converters have a lifetime warranty. Please refer to our warranty statement for a detailed explanation regarding warranty claims and procedures.
Consider expanding your network area without disrupting your existing network, with the help of Versitron’s 10/100/1000 Ethernet to fiber converters. Versitron has been an industry leader for over six decades, and has developed expertise in fiber optic technology for various communication standards across industries. If you are looking for a specific media converter and need further information, do reach us on email or phone.