Effective digital communication is important for any business. Today, businesses rely on IP-based communication solutions like web conferencing, IP telephony (VoIP), voice mail, and virtual communication for communication. IP-based communication offers various benefits such as affordability, effectiveness, convenience, and feature-rich. Although IP-based communication solutions have gained immense popularity over the years, many users are still reluctant to embrace them due to misconceptions. This post aims to debunk misconceptions regarding this technology and its solutions.
Top 6 IP Communication Myths Debunked
If you have been planning to embrace IP communication, you must understand its benefits and also steer clear about common myths associated with them. This section debunks some myths about this communication.
- IP Communication Solutions Are Unaffordable: IP communication systems are inexpensive compared to other communication solutions. Why so? Various communication solutions can be operated on a single converged IP network for video, voice, and data. This helps save lots of money in the long run. In addition to this, VoIP systems have made communication lot cheaper. Users can take advantage of free calling features and low calling rates. This helps them save on international calls and minimize their monthly communication rates. Moreover, users can integrate the IP communication systems with their IP PBX systems and leverage the benefits of video, fax, voice, and voicemail in one device. This helps reduce overall operational costs and boost the quality of communication.
- IP Based Communication Systems Are Not Easy to Deploy: Most businesses believe that IP-based communication systems are complex to deploy and require a high level of technical knowledge and resources. However, this is only partially true. IP deployment requires technical knowledge, but it is easy to manage. Like any other technology, IP-based communication systems also require structured cabling, which is usually laid by experts. In addition, professionals would help you embrace a unified communications (UC) platform where all your video, audio, teleconferencing, instant messaging, and other digital communications will be unified.
- VoIP is Incompatible with Your Current Systems: Do you know - you can easily convert your analog phones to IP phones using a single analog telephone adapter? This would allow you more control over your existing network and optimize the value of your existing investments. You can move to the cloud for better benefits.
- IP Communication Solutions are Vulnerable to Threats and Lack Integrity: Data security has been a concern for business owners for several years now. As known, IP communication solutions are operated through internet, many business owners are skeptical over the security concerns. They think the security of IP systems can be easily compromised as hackers can hack them. However, that is not true. IP communication technologies utilize advanced encryption technology and are operated on the monitored server. Both these features assure high security. In addition to this, many communication service providers have implemented two-factor authentication systems to ensure the security of customer data. Users can take advantage of features such as secure monitoring and detailed reports of usage to identify any pattern of hacking or data security breaches. In short, IP communication solutions are quite secure than traditional phone systems.
- IP Solutions are Ideal for Large Enterprises and Not Small and Mid-sized Businesses: This is a general misconception about small business owners; however, it is not true. IP communication service providers nowadays offer flexible plans for SMBs. For instance, SMBs can access user-friendly panels while utilizing IP PBX to improve the communication efficiency across their networks. Lack of internet speed is another concern for many small and mid-sized businesses reluctant to embrace IP solutions. However, only 100 Kbps speed is required to download and upload data and receive VoIP calls in a line. A 2021 VoIP statistics suggest that SMBs have gained by IP installations. They could boost the quality of their phone calls and increase phone handling by 67%, improve remote work handling by 53% and boost message management by 63% after embracing IP solutions. This shows why IP solutions can be ideal for small businesses.
- IP Solutions Produce Poor Sound Quality: There is a misconception that IP communication solutions produce poor sound quality than landlines. IP communication solutions work on internet bandwidth, whereas landlines use a broadband connection. A VoIP phone can perform better with reliable internet and solid bandwidth. This makes VoIP calls much clearer than regular traditional phones and can adapt to the available bandwidth.
There are many benefits of using IP communication systems and you can realize them better by investing in better products like IP cameras, VoIP phones, and fiber optics solutions. VERSITRON provides various fiber optic solutions, including fiber optic media converters, fiber optic telephone multiplexers and so on. These solutions have been used for several years to build high-speed and performance-driven networks.