Fiber Optics Enhances SCADA
What is SCADA?
SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) is the central nervous system of a utility that "localizes the remote". As such, this system must be well protected and absolutely reliable. The system itself is made up of the master station, the communications system, and the remote station. The remote station can be an RTU (remote terminal unit) or a PLC (programmable logic control). These devices allow process manipulation at the remote station and the gathering of data from that equipment. This "real-time" information is then transferred to the central monitoring station. The central monitoring station digests the information gathered from the remote locations and intiates required actions. A SCADA system can:
- Reduce Staffing Needs
- Raise the Level of Service
- Support Safety Goals
- Maintain a Competitive Advantage in the Marketplace
How Can Fiber Optics Improve SCADA?
This Technology provides:
- Immunity to EMI/RFI
- Elimination of Spark Hazards
- Increased Transmission Distances
- Immunity to Ground Faults and Transients
- Greater Bandwidth (increased signal capacity)
- Secure Transmission
With this technology you can therefore access a cost effective way to transmit more information for longer distances with guaranteed safety.
Why Choose VERSITRON?
- 60 Years of Fiber Optics Experience (Founded in 1958)
- Proven Track Record for Reliability
- Longest MTBF in the Industry (14+ years)
- Lifetime Warranty
- Products for Digital and Analog Signals
- Free and Unlimited Telephone Tech Support
- Easy to Install "Space-Saver" Units
- Choice of Chassis/Enclosures
- Worldwide Installed Base of Products
To view a list of products available click here.