- The RS-232 M8000 Series single mode MicroModems are currently being used
in a university research project for underwater data communications links
between submerged equipment. Purpose: Counting Sea Plankton
These modems are also being used at surface level in order to monitor the count.
- The FDVT1A0xA & FDVR1A0xA VersiVision
1 channel digital video with bi-directional data products are employed in a robotic monitoring application. The video converters are attached to a robot tethered via fiber to a monitoring truck. Purpose: Inspection of sewers and sewer pipelines without human intervention.
- VERSITRON RS-530 F2245 FOM II Series
singlemode fiber modems
are being used in the
- VERSITRON is playing an important role in military aircraft development in the UK. Fighter aircraft have to be able to operate in very demanding environments, including those with close proximity to high power RADAR and other transmitters. In order to ensure that the sophisticated electronics on board will work properly, part of the design process demands that the aircraft are "illuminated" by such RADAR systems at distances of tens of feet. The essential communications required during such tests means that the use of copper conductors between the control center and the aircraft is simply not possible. Only fiber can accommodate the distances required and "tune out" other interference.
In the UK, the problems of distance and interference on board these aircraft have been solved by the use of a system which incorporates two F2722 VERSITRON Fiber Optic Modems. Contained in a fully screened unit each piece of equipment allows for the use of up to four standard aircraft headsets. Thus, giving perfect clarity of communication.
- The multimode analog F2700 and F2710 FOM II series fiber modems are
being used to help reduce energy costs by monitoring power usage in a
manufacturing plant on the East Coast. The fiber optic devices provide
reliable data links that would otherwise be impossible in this EMI
- Our fiber optic 5-port switches (Model S7055X) can be found
aboard naval submarines providing fiber optic isolation for
- Serial data FOM II Series Modems are being used to transmit data
for municipal water flow monitoring equipment that determines operation
of water pump controls to ensure a constant flow from the water source
to the treatment plant.
- VERSITRON equipment is currently used to ensure safe operations at airports.
Both pilots and air traffic controllers alike are dependent on numerous systems of lights,
markings and signs. The MicroModems Model M8000s are employed to transmit RS-232
switch control signals over fiber. Use of these modems allow for secure transmission of these
crucial control signals over greater distances with additional isolation from lightning strikes
and EMI/RFI disturbances.
- The F270X and F271X telephone modems are currently in use as communication
devices to control a boring machine whose purpose is to tunnel through a mountain.
- ATM machines at gas stations and convenience stores are employing the F2702/F2712
Telephone Modems to ensure safe transmission of data on phone lines over fiber optic cable.
Therefore, making sure that the equipment remains safe from lightning strike damage.
For general information about some of our products, you may find the following links helpful. For specific technical information,
please visit our products page to select the product that interests you. We hope that you can easily find what you are looking for.
If you have questions or comments please give us a call at 1-800-537-2296 (302-894-0699), open a chat, or send us an e-mail
by way of the "contact us" button.
|Media Converters, 10baseT, 100BaseFX, 1000BaseT
||Industrial Modems, Harsh Environments Tamed
|LAN Network Fiber Conversion--Lifetime Warranty
||RS-232 Fiber Modems Since 1958
|Fiber to the Desktop, Secure, Reliable Transmission
||RS-530 Fiber Optic Modem Solutions
|Computer Networking, Solutions in Fiber
||RS-485 Fiber Optic TeleData Modem
|Ethernet Switch, Gigabit Managed Solutions
||T1 Fiber Optic Modem Connections Since 1958
|Optical Switch Solutions for LAN Networks
||E1 Fiber Optic Modems for 4 Decades
|Copper To Fiber Converter Solutions Since 1958
||DS3 Fiber Optic Solutions for High Speed Applications
|Fiber Optic Converter Solutions from Versitron, Inc.
||V.35 Interface Fiber Optic Solutions
|Fiber Converter Options With Lifetime Warranties
||Fiber Optic Multiplexer - Phone Links Made Easy
|Fiber Optic Modem Solutions Since 1958
||Telephone Modem, Fiber Phone Modem, Mux
|Fiber Optic Modems Since 1958 From Versitron
||Optical Isolators, Dual Channel, Simplex
|Campus Networking, Communications in Fiber
||Synch., Isoch., Asynch. Fiber Modems
|Ethernet Transceiver, Countless Options
|Media Converter, Fiber Optic, Multiply Your Options