In addition to functioning as fully transparent fiber-optic data links, VERSITRON's MicroModems may also be used as multiplexers. Up to six asynchronous data streams may be accommodated by one MicroModem:
- 2 high-speed signals on the clock and data lines
- 4 low-speed signals on the control lines
Small enough to connect directly to data terminal and communications equipment, VERSITRON's MicroModems offer versatile solutions and complete transparency for data communications.
Benefits of fiber optics in communications systems:
- Greater Bandwidth
- EMI/RFI Immunity
- Greater Distances
- Low Signal Attenuation
VERSITRON Micro Modems offer a unique combination of advantages:
- Fully Transparent Operation with independent data, clock, and control lines permits a wide range of application possibilities.
- Extremely Small Size minimizes space requirements for desktop operation.
- Electrical Isolation eliminates problems with ground potential differences and provides dielectric isolation.
- Enhanced Versatility provides:
* Null Modem
(asynchronous or synchronous
terminal-timing mode only):
DCE to DCE or DTE to DTE.
* Standards Conversion for:
V.35, RS-232, RS-422,
RS-423, RS-449, RS-530, MIL-STD-188C, MIL-STD-188-114 Balanced
- Host Power for RS-232 and MIL-STD-188C interfaces using pin 9 eliminates the need for external power sources. The MicroModems are also powered by a separate AC "wall-brick" transformer (see Accessories List).
- 19" Standard Rack Mount Chassis Model MRR-16 can hold up to 16 MicroModems using single or redundant power supplies.
- Rugged, Extruded Aluminum Housings protect internal components from possible damage.
- Full Service and Support from VERSITRON. Our technical service team will promptly respond to your inquiries to help keep your systems functioning as smoothly as possible. Technical Support is free and unlimited, and all VERSITRON products carry a lifetime warranty.
Link to view MicroModem Application Diagram
Superior Design For Superior Performance – For All Datacom Configurations
VERSITRON's MicroModems assure reliable data transmission, at distances up to 2 Km over multimode fiber-optic cable, 15 Km over singlemode.
Reliable data transmission is one of the key considerations in selecting a modem link. The ability to operate transparently – with minimal affect on transmitted and/or received data – is a major performance advantage of the VERSITRON MicroModems. To further assure accuracy in source timing applications, the clock and data are realigned in a unique source timing circuit. Even when translating from one serial data standard to another, minimal delay or no signal formatting effects are encountered.
VERSITRON's MicroModems meet current and future Datacom link requirements – minimizing future upgrade cost.
With their wide range of data rates, and ability to pass all control signals for the RS-232 and RS-530 Standards, the M6000 and M8000 MicroModem Series provide ideal Datacom links as system data rates increase, as additional control signals are required, or as low-speed data channels need to be added. Both MicroModem Series will accommodate these requirements without costly upgrades, modifications or replacement. Either Series can be used in a basic three-wire configuration, yet can accommodate a full 11-wire system with control line functions.
Link to view Pinout Diagram
||Asynchronous/isochronous/synchronous (source timed or terminal timed)
||Continuously variable from 1 bps to 76.8 Kbps
||Full duplex or simplex
|Fiber Optic Interface:
||50/125, 62.5/125 or 100/ 140 mm multimode; 9/125 or 10/125 mm singlemode
||Multimode or singlemode
||20 db with 100/140 fiber-optic cable
15.5 db with 62.5/125 fiber-optic cable
10.8 db with 50/125 fiber-optic cable
||Better than 10 to the minus 9th
||M6000 Series (Commercial or Tempest): 123,400 hours (14.08 years)
M8000 Series (Commercial or Tempest): 129,875 hours (14.82 years)
||M6000 – RS-422, RS-423, RS-530, MIL-STD-188-114 Balanced, V.35 or RS-449 with adapters
M8000 – RS-232, MIL-STD-188C
||DB25F (DCE), DB25M (DTE)
||300 KHz for clock and data; 18.75 KHz for control lines
||5-15 VDC @ 300ma; M8000 Series may use host power on pin 9
||-55° to +100°C (-67° to +212°F)
||Up to 95% non-condensing
||UP to 10,000 feet
||1.0" wide (2.54cm) x 2.4" high (6.1cm) x 4.5" deep (11.4cm)
||6.75 oz. (0.19 kg)
||19.0" wide (48.3cm) x 3.5" high (8.9cm) x 11.2" deep (28.4 cm)
||3.1 lb. (1.41 kg)