In addition to functioning as fully transparent fiber-optic data links, VERSITRON's MicroModems may also be used as multiplexers. Up to six asynchronous data streams may be accommodated by one MicroModem:
- 2 high-speed signals on the clock and data lines
- 4 low-speed signals on the control lines
Small enough to connect directly to data terminal and communications equipment, VERSITRON's MicroModems offer versatile solutions and complete transparency for data communications.
Benefits of fiber optics in communications systems:
- Greater Bandwidth
- EMI/RFI Immunity
- Greater Distances
- Low Signal Attenuation
VERSITRON Micro Modems offer a unique combination of advantages:
- Fully Transparent Operation with independent data, clock, and control lines permits a wide range of application possibilities.
- Extremely Small Size minimizes space requirements for desktop operation.
- Electrical Isolation eliminates problems with ground potential differences and provides dielectric isolation.
- Enhanced Versatility provides:
* Null Modem
(asynchronous or synchronous
terminal-timing mode only):
DCE to DCE or DTE to DTE.
* Standards Conversion for:
V.35, RS-232, RS-422,
RS-423, RS-449, RS-530, MIL-STD-188-114A Balanced, or MIL-STD-188-114A Unbalanced
- Host Power for RS-232, RS423, and MIL-STD-188-114A unbalanced interfaces using pin 9 eliminates the need for external power sources. The MicroModems are also powered by a separate AC "wall-brick" transformer (see Accessories List).
- 19" Standard Rack Mount Chassis Model MRR-16 can hold up to 16 MicroModems using single or redundant power supplies.
- Rugged, Extruded Aluminum Housings protect internal components from possible damage.
- Full Service and Support from VERSITRON. Our technical service team will promptly respond to your inquiries to help keep your systems functioning as smoothly as possible. Technical Support is free and unlimited, and all VERSITRON products carry a lifetime warranty.
Link to view MicroModem Application Diagram
Superior Design For Superior Performance – For All Datacom Configurations
VERSITRON's MicroModems assure reliable data transmission, at distances up to 2Km over multimode fiber-optic cable, 20Km over singlemode.
Reliable data transmission is one of the key considerations in selecting a modem link. The ability to operate transparently – with minimal affect on transmitted and/or received data – is a major performance advantage of the VERSITRON MicroModems. To further assure accuracy in source timing applications, the clock and data are realigned in a unique source timing circuit. Even when translating from one serial data standard to another, minimal delay or no signal formatting effects are encountered.
VERSITRON's MicroModems meet current and future Datacom link requirements – minimizing future upgrade cost.
With their wide range of data rates, and ability to pass control signals for the RS-232 and RS-530 Standards, the M62xxD and M82xxD MicroModem Series provide ideal Datacom links as system data rates increase, as additional control signals are required, or as low-speed data channels need to be added. Both MicroModem Series will accommodate these requirements without costly upgrades, modifications or replacement. Either Series can be used in a basic three-wire configuration, yet can accommodate a system with control line functions.
Link to view Pinout Diagram
||Asynchronous/isochronous/synchronous (source timed or terminal timed)
||Continuously variable from 1bps to 5Mbps (Terminal Timing): M62xxD
Continuously variable from 1bps to 1Mbps (Source Timing): M62xxD
Continuously variable from 1bps to 128Kbps (Terminal Timing): M82xxD
Continuously variable from 1bps to 100kbps (Source Timing): M82xxD
||Full duplex or simplex
|Fiber Optic Interface:
||50/125, 62.5/125 or 100/ 140 mm multimode; 9/125 or 10/125 mm singlemode
||Multimode or singlemode
||11dB with 62.5/125 fiber optic cable
19dB with 9/125 fiber optic cable fiber-optic cable
||Better than 10 to the minus 9th
||M62xxD Series: 123,520 hours (14.1 years)
M82xxD Series: 129,710 hours (14.8 years)
||M62xxD – RS-422, RS-423, RS-530, MIL-STD-188-114A Balanced, (V.35 or RS-449 with adapters)
M82xxD – RS-232, RS-423, MIL-STD-188-114A unbalanced
||DB25F (DCE), DB25M (DTE)
||5-15 VDC @ 300ma; M82xxD Series may use host power on pin 9
||-55° to +100°C (-67° to +212°F)
||Up to 95% non-condensing
||UP to 10,000 feet
||1.0" wide (2.54cm) x 2.4" high (6.1cm) x 4.5" deep (11.4cm)
||6.75 oz. (0.19 kg)
||19.0" wide (48.3cm) x 3.5" high (8.9cm) x 11.2" deep (28.4 cm)
||3.1 lb. (1.41 kg)