In typical analog phone applications, these devices are used in pairs with the F270xAD or F270xA unit installed at the exchange side and the F271xAD or F271xA unit installed at the subscriber side. The units are linked together using multimode fiber or singlemode fiber as appropriate. Other configurations are possible, such as ring-down or intercom applications.
These products have 3 distinct features:
- The telephone portion of the modem converts a standard loop start two-wire analog telephone circuit to light signals for transmission over fiber optic cable.
- The data portion of the modem provides RS-485 / RS-422 data links over fiber. Maximum data rate is 64 Kbps. (F27xxAD Only)
- The analog circuit supports data up to 14.4kbps via dial-up modem or fax.
As an added feature, the F27xxAD modem can do simultaneous telephone and data transmission. The F27xxA is a telephone modem only.
IMPORTANT Product Update!
The models F270xAD and F271xAD FOM II 2-wire analog TeleData modems AND theF270xA and F271xA analog phone modems are now compatible with the VERSITRON Versimux II fiber optic "voice and/ or data" multiplexer. The 20-slot Versimux II platform supports copper-to-fiber conversions in 1-channel, 4-channel, and 8-channelconfigurations for 2-wire analog telephones.
In addition, the Versimux II supports the following data interfaces: RS-232, RS-530, RS-422, RS-423, RS-449, V.35, and MIL-STD-188-114A (balanced and unbalanced). Simultaneous voice AND data links can even be configured within the same chassis.
VERSITRON FIBER CONVERTERS OFFER:
- RJ45 connector (F27xxAD only)
- RJ11 connector
- Distances to 20km
- 6 status indicators
- VERSITRON FOM II format
- SFP fiber module technology
- Multimode and singlemode versions
- Standalone or rackmount installation options
- Compatible with Versimux II multiplexer platform
RS-485 / RS-422 Product Links